Thanks for the message!
We will contact you shortly
We will contact you shortly

CEO of the investment company

Concorde Capital


September 2019

02:00 PM

Igor Mazepa on trends in the Ukrainian economy

Concorde Capital CEO Igor Mazepa addressed a conference organized by the Syngenta company and discussed the main trends in Ukraine’s economy.


The main trends in Igor Mazepa’s view:

  • According to Concorde Capital’s estimates, about USD 6 bln in investment entered our economy in recent months. Until this moment, foreign investors mainly fled Ukraine.
  • There is a clear conviction that we will be living in a new country by the end of the year. The rates at which progressive laws are being approved are awe-inspiring. This is influencing international ratings, and together with them the attention of foreign investors.
    · There is the assumption that some of our companies will be able to conduct IPOs already in 2020.
  • Above all, the potential in the agrarian sector is enormous. Now only about 60% of farmers are engaged in progressive methods of farming. The remaining 40% have something to change in their business and grow.
  • The launch of the farmland market will offer an enormous leap towards economic development as a whole. There are risks that land reform won’t occur smoothly, like the privatization of the 1990s, but it simply needs to be implemented. And the sooner, the better.

Write message